Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Leak Behind the Wall, I Think

Ever since the kitchen sink leak a few months back, I am really paranoid about our plumbing. These days it seems that every little noise I hear, immediately sparks an investigation for puddles, water damage or moistness.

One noise that has been driving me crazy for the last few weeks is in our bathroom. Every time we turn off our faucet, we begin to hear this dripping sound from behind the wall. Its like drip, drip, drip, drip.....dang it, it must be a leak. At first I tried to ignore it, I pretended that I wasn't hearing it. But as time went on, it just got louder and louder. So I decided to go speak to our association, who referred me to their maintenance guy. He asked me if there was any water damage on the walls or any moistness. I said "no," and he was like "then don't worry about it!" His theory was that the vibration of pipes from the water pressure can cause that dripping sound and is very common throughout our complex "Besides," he said "you live on the second floor, so you're good as long as your neighbor doesn't complain."

Somehow this was not the type of reassurance that I was looking for.

Typically in a condo one owns the space but nothing that's inside the walls. This is good to some extent, because in the event a pipe breaks behind the wall we don't get stuck paying for the repairs . The bad thing is, what if the water floods our place and damages our stuff....that's all on us and our insurance that hasn't kicked in yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home