Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Somewhere in heaven, an angel got her wings (or My Wife's Cooking, Part II)

I gotta say that it's been a great year for Señor RAR. First, the Democrats win the House. Then, the UCLA beats USC (Go Bruins!). And so I decided that I would give him the third miracle (hence the title post) and make him dinner. Yes, I know....Shock!

Contrary to popular belief, though, I do cook and I think I'm pretty good at it, if I may say so myself (you can even ask my family and college roommates and they'll vouch for me as well!). I have lots of experience since I was in charge of cooking for my family (8 of us total) for about 3 years. However, this is why I never thought of cooking as fun. It has always been a "chore," well at least until I started cooking for Señor RAR. But yes, sadly, life and work and everything gets in the way sometimes and it doesn't leave much for room for cooking a real meal.

So the other day, I was searching on the web for recipes for some of my "famous" Mexican dishes (since I had not cooked in so long, I kind of forgot how to make them!) and I found this great recipe for Chicken Tequila Fetuccine, which is my favorite at CPK. It was surprisingly easy to make, particularly since I was never taught to follow recipes when I cook. And it actually tasted like the dish at CPK, with alot more kick to it...after all, I do love spicy foods!

I have to admit, it was pretty nice cooking in our new kitchen. I don't have a "triangle offense" when it comes to cooking, but it was pretty cool to have so much counter space to prepare everything. It definitely made cooking easier and dare I say it, fun. The best part was seeing how much Señor RAR enjoyed it. I think this will get me off the hook from cooking again for at least a couple of months. And yes, I did school him and that feels a little more satisfying than the actual meal!*




*For those of you who don't know us, Señor RAR and I have always had a little competition going on when it comes to pretty much everything. So the last sentence is in reference to that. I am not a mean person, I am just AWESOME! :)

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Romulo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watcha! Felicidades. We can't wait to be invited to try some of those "delicious Mexican dishes."

As for that competition, I say RAR tries to make that same recipe- but even better! In the meantime, keep watching Food Network- Huracan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home