Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Somewhere in heaven, an angel got her wings (or My Wife's Cooking, Part II)

I gotta say that it's been a great year for Señor RAR. First, the Democrats win the House. Then, the UCLA beats USC (Go Bruins!). And so I decided that I would give him the third miracle (hence the title post) and make him dinner. Yes, I know....Shock!

Contrary to popular belief, though, I do cook and I think I'm pretty good at it, if I may say so myself (you can even ask my family and college roommates and they'll vouch for me as well!). I have lots of experience since I was in charge of cooking for my family (8 of us total) for about 3 years. However, this is why I never thought of cooking as fun. It has always been a "chore," well at least until I started cooking for Señor RAR. But yes, sadly, life and work and everything gets in the way sometimes and it doesn't leave much for room for cooking a real meal.

So the other day, I was searching on the web for recipes for some of my "famous" Mexican dishes (since I had not cooked in so long, I kind of forgot how to make them!) and I found this great recipe for Chicken Tequila Fetuccine, which is my favorite at CPK. It was surprisingly easy to make, particularly since I was never taught to follow recipes when I cook. And it actually tasted like the dish at CPK, with alot more kick to it...after all, I do love spicy foods!

I have to admit, it was pretty nice cooking in our new kitchen. I don't have a "triangle offense" when it comes to cooking, but it was pretty cool to have so much counter space to prepare everything. It definitely made cooking easier and dare I say it, fun. The best part was seeing how much Señor RAR enjoyed it. I think this will get me off the hook from cooking again for at least a couple of months. And yes, I did school him and that feels a little more satisfying than the actual meal!*




*For those of you who don't know us, Señor RAR and I have always had a little competition going on when it comes to pretty much everything. So the last sentence is in reference to that. I am not a mean person, I am just AWESOME! :)

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Señor RAR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watcha! Felicidades. We can't wait to be invited to try some of those "delicious Mexican dishes."

As for that competition, I say RAR tries to make that same recipe- but even better! In the meantime, keep watching Food Network- Huracan

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger truthiness said...

Huracan,

You are hereby, ON NOTICE!

Watchale, or you will not be able to taste my delicious Mexican dishes anytime soon. Worse yet, you don't want to be on the "You're dead to me" list, do ya?

Love,
Truthiness

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home