Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Empty Wall

This weekend I finished chopping down and throwing away our Xmas tree. We really lucked out this year, we got a really nice symmetrical and tall tree. But now that the tree is gone we no longer have anything to put there. As you may remember we got rid of the old entertainment center unit that was left behind by the previous owner. So now we have a bare wall.

Since buying our dining and sectional sofa in October, we haven't really bought any other major furniture that defines or adds function to the room. I guess I would like something that will fit with our modern looking place, but also be functional. I've been obsessing over the perfect item for that wall and I have found 2 credenza's that I think will really look dope next to our bare wall.


From Pottery Barn
From Crate and Barrel


I know my wife will want to see them in person first, and I'm split...so figuring out which one to get will be a little tricky.

So what do you think?

3 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Ms. Scaringelli said...

Pottery Barn, definitely.

By the way, I love the way you used the word "dope" to describe your "credenza." :o)

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pottery Barn and let me tell you why...

It looks nicer.

It has enclosed space so it will be less dusty and easier to clean dust off than the open slots in the C&B one.

And if it's cluttered, it looks better behind the glass rather than out in the open.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...

umm....if this matters, the C&B one does look more masculine than the Pottery Barn one (which we shall call more androgynous). hehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home