Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Homeowners Right of Passage

The day we moved in to our condo, our next door neighbor put their place on the market. Unfortunately for them, the market slowed down and it wasn't until last month that they were able to sell it.

Needless to say, since the start of April we have a new neighbor. So for a few days we had contractors coming up and down the stairs getting the place ready for the new owner...this sure brought back memories.

As a matter of fact on Saturday I had a flashback to when we locked ourselves out, weeks after moving in. I was doing some work late night, when I heard some grinding outside my door. Ealier I had heard voices and rumbling up and down the stair case. I figured that the neighbors were moving things in still. But after the grinding continued I went to take a look. Oh oh, our neighbors had locked themselves out and had to call the locksmith to open their door. Man, what a bummer. I couldn't help but laugh.

Seems like the locksmith is to unofficial welcome wagon...."welcome to the neighborhood, suckas!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home