Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Eats at Westside Tavern in West L.A.


I recently had a resurgence of creativity and I decided to start blogging again. I have a lot more to talk about regarding improvements to the Condo, so I am hoping to post more frequently again.

In the meanwhile, I will share my experience this Saturday at Westside Tavern in West L.A. This place opened about 3 weeks ago in the new remodeled section of the Westside Pavillion. Conveniently located next to the swanky Landmark Theaters, this spot is now a perfect dinner and a movie joint.

I've been following WT's opening on Eater L.A. and I know they had a number of delays, but this place was worth the wait...the food is great! I visited WT on Saturday with my wife for some late night dining and immediately we were impressed with the bar and decor. The staff there was friendly and attentive, and since it wasn't too busy we were quickly seated. Right away, I was happy to see that they cary my new favorite beer, Racer 5, along with a lot of great microbrews and mainstream beers. Our order conisisted of the meat an cheeses appetizer plate, which was very delicious and almost a full meal. I then ordered a Fish and Chips type plate, with home-made salt and vinager chips, very very good. My wife enjoyed a so-so Mac and Cheese dish along with some great cocktails.

Overall, the food was tasty and the price was reasonable. We enjoyed our visit and are looking forward eating at Westside Tavern again real soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home