Sunday, July 13, 2008

The DIY Carpet Cleaning Experiment

This weekend was the first, in a few months that my wife and I had a chance to stay local and do stuff around the condo. After a never-ending post-kitchen renovation clean-up, Saturday morning I rented a Rug Doctor machine at Albertson's and cleaned the carpets.

I hate our carpet, its super cheap and very hard to clean. Nevertheless, it came with the condo and it needed to be cleaned. The cleaning process was an interesting experiment, the machine was fairly easy to use and the process of cleaning the living room/dinning area, hallway and our master bedroom took about 3 and a half hours. I think the process would go much faster, but I had to constantly change out the water.

While I was happy with the way the carpet looked while it was still wet, this morning when I saw the results I was not satisfied with the end result. There were dark patches scattered throughout the various rooms. Makes me wonder if I should invest in putting in hardwood like in the kitchen. Anyway, my experiment failed and now need to call a professional to make sure its done right.

I don't know if its because I don't have the handyman gene, or what, but I don't know why my DIY projects never work out for me. Oh well, practice makes perfect. But damn, its getting expensive fixing up my mess ups.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home