Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shoryuken to my Cholesterol!

Last year I blogged about my 2007 resolution of getting back in shape. This was a resolution that I miserably failed to accomplish last year. However, 2008 is a whole different story. Thanks to a regimen of pilates, capoeira, and a 5 week fitness bootcamp, I have regained my cardio and overall physical fitness.

For the last 6 years I have been dealing with super high cholesterol, which at my age (32) has really put me at risk for heart disease. I dread going to the doctor and getting my cholesterol checked, because I always know it will be high. But now, I can't wait to get it checked.

Big props to my wife, for pushing me to really make the time to take care of myself.

I want to also attribute, my new kitchen for my renewed enthusiasm for cooking tasty healthy food. No more Krispy Creme bacon cheeseburgers for me, jk.

Also, in case you didn't get the Street Fighter II reference in the title, here you go.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home