Monday, July 28, 2008

Vegas Chillin and Eats

Spent the weekend at the new Palazzo in Vegas. Luckily for me I got hooked up with a Fortuna Suite, which was super huge....easily the size of 4 standard Vegas rooms. The room had all the luxury amenities of a high-end Vegas suite, with multiple flat screen TVs, mini bar, full size living room area with sectional sofa and spa like bathroom. But probably the best part of this room was the amazing view of the pool, which you could quickly cover up with this high tech remote control for the curtains and blinds. I enjoyed my stay very much and I hope to be back again soon.


Another highlight of the trip was checking out the newly opened SushiSamba, also at the Palazzo. I was totally excited to try it out after hearing that it had opened last week. I had heard great things about the sister restaurants in Chicago and New York, and I must say, aside from the snooty service staff, the food was delicious. I had the miso marinated chillean sea bass, which was perfectly cooked, on top of various mixed vegetables. To drink, I had my favorite, a traditional caipirinha....also made perfectly. Overall the place was packed and the vibe was pretty hip. Just around 9pm they had a DJ playing Latin house, which is always OK with me and meshed well with the vibrant cuisine. Outside, there was a lot people who didn't have reservations trying to get a table, most of them were turned away. SushiSamba will definitely go on my lists of Vegas favorites, I just hope the waiters and hostesses will drop the sometimes off-putting Vegas attitude.

To wrap up my trip, before heading back to L.A. I had a chance to catch an M. Kungl exhibit at the Jack Gallery inside the Venetian Canal Shops. I'm a big fan of Kungl's work and it was very cool to see some of his works up close.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home