Monday, July 07, 2008

5 Year Anniversary and Weekend Getaway

After a hectic week of renovations, my wife and I were in serious need of some R&R. Saturday was our 5th year wedding anniversary, so we decided to take a quick getaway to Palm Springs. I had never been there, but its just 2 hours away from Culver City (far enough to feel away from the city) and has a bunch of great little spa/resort places.


We stayed in a casita at the Colony Palms Hotel, which was very cute and hip. The hotel had great ammeneties and a really cool pool area, with a loungey downtempo house music soundtrack playing in the background. We spent a lot of time sipping cocktails poolside, and enjoying the relaxing environment. For dinner we ate at the hotel's restaurant, which was delicious and I finally opened a bottle of Dom that I was saving for a special occasion.
Many props to my wife for finding this place, happy anniversary babe.

On the way home Sunday, we stopped by the outlets in Cabazon for some shopping. We checked out a lot of stores, but I really dug the Crate and Barrel Outlet, both my wife and I picked up some goodies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home